Martian Green 2

"The genomics industry demands a huge quantity of biomatter for wombtanks, but more importantly to sustain their engineered labor force. Recycled fabricants are a cheap source of protein." Hae-Joo Chang
"Soap. They feed us to ourselves." Sonmi-451 

Cloud Atlas 


Katha taught me a lot and it was not until I lay down on the grimy sweat, sex, blood, sex and puke stained bed of the squat did I begin to come to terms with it. It already seems like some other lifetime ago, something that happened to somebody else. 

I owe Katha because she taught me how to stare death in the face without fear. Inside, it's far from feeling of empty calm; it is high pitched and screaming. I don't ever want to test these fear reflexes again. I'm settling down now into something that for many people is normality. An ordinary life. 



Katha taught me without me realising she was teaching me. I was confused and it didn't make sense at the time. Some of the things she was saying and the tones sh was using, the feelings she was taking me to, was scary and outside of my comfort zone, that is why I hated it. She played me like an instrument in a way that an emotionless machine could never do. Only now that she is gone can I begin to understand her. I was wrong to be such a bitch to her. At the time the only way I could deal with it was to dehumanize her. I feel justified, she was trying to kill me and then manipulate me into some business I had no interest in being involved with. 

Katha 6 was the sixth incarnation of a serial cyborg using cloned meat parts and cloned memories. I am certain there will be a Katha 7, she told me there would. Each one is somehow subtly different, individual and it is the human element for whatever a copy of a copy is to be labelled as 'human'. Katha5 enjoyed emotionally and mentally torturing me before killing me, although thanks to Cyrgan I was saved at the last minute.

Cyrgan, what is he up to? To him, Mars was an adventure, a place where the corporations whose cyberwear he worships is based, and are doing experiments and progressing technology outside of the restrictions of IPS laws affecting InSilico. 

Katha told me something that is very difficult to digest. The meat parts that she is made of, are reprocessed from the bodies she slays. It is like a new life form, a predator, in the ecology of society. It is not a human society any more. We are an endangered species. I do not believe this is public available information. I don't know what to do with it. I probably should tell someone, but who? Who can do anything about a thing like that? And then I remember that I already did; I told everyone in Reaktor after I had drank quite a lot.





Comments

Popular Posts