Eastside Fresh


Another night in Reaktor. I am so glad to be back home. I danced. Ordered a tray of shots to celebrate, using the last few creeds remaining on the smuggler miner's identials to pay for it.

Sahara was there off duty and already drunk out of her mind. She's changed her appearance. Somehow even after everyone but Johnny the barman had left, we ended up doing a head-to-head match on rum shots and she puked all over both of us. It was the end of the night anyway. 

I took her back to the squat to get us both cleaned up. We fell asleep hugging. Some human company from someone normal was medicine. It was brilliant. I am so used to feeling alone, even in company, with the exception of Cyrgan who I left on Mars every relationship I have ever been in has ended up with them dying. Being a prostitute by trade I have come to regard people as disposable.

I know that I'll see Sah again though and bonding with her is very gentle. It feels easy and natural, just how I like it. Just like how it needs to be. After I don't know how much rum and all the cocktail of drugs she was floating. She gone by time I woke.

Next day I explored the city. I found a shooting range belonging to some sort of gun club, not really my scene but useful to know its there. 

And then it opened up for me; crossing the line into a new region of the city I don't know and ended up in another club called Fusion. Its sleek and more my scene.

Turns out Sah hadn't told me everything; this place is also run by Betz Daggerz but she's appointed Sah as manager here! So I think I might be winding up working here full time as a dancer. It's perfect.

This area of town Eastside is nicer than South, feels more like I do, more me, more I belong here, part of it. The scent and sound of rain, constantly and buildings looming grey-blue from the gloom. Fresh.






Comments

Popular Posts