Crossing A Line

OOC: Finally got to speak with the guy who is doing so much of the design here. InSilico and Mars are collaborative by the team and they are something special. Very busy people so getting to know a few of them is a treat. They made all this. Made it possible. Learned the skills and had the vision.



THE FUTURE IS IN SILICO
IN SILICO IS THE FUTURE


It had all started as a normal stroll to find the shortcut to Fusion and explore Eastside. On the way back through the mall at central I was asked directions by a newcomer [Kurren Wolff] to the orbital platform InSilico that I have come to call home. Like me, he has come here to forget the past.

I showed him to Blue Ant bar and we shared a beer and made small talk.


A woman was at the bar [Cassiletristis] a bounty hunter judging by her clothes and guns. She was involved in something. I went to have a piss out the back and tripped over a corpse. A woman’s corpse.

The bounty hunter woman came at my scream, put a gun at me and told me to lay down. I did because I didn’t want to get shot. She checked the body and said he - note He - had been dead for a few hours, told me it was a drunk, the city is full of them.


Then into her com she said;
"Xera I have the package but the messenger is down. Defence posture I am enroute"
Over the link I heard;
"Affirmative Mistress".
Then she left. I chased her.
I don’t know why I did that. I lost her in the streets. 

By the time I returned to Blue Ant, Wolff was gone.


Thats when I met him. A good looking young guy [Lukas Lancrae] who had been there since I arrived. He was still rocking back and forth while cutting up pictures at the bar, in a world of his own. I asked what he is doing, he told me; "cutting up pictures of his friends." Unnerving. Explained he is "cutting out the unimportant area around them" - not actually doing some sort of voodoo ritual, so I guess he’s an artist. Sigh of relief. Said he’s from a part of Earth called Europe. I told him I thought Earth was radiation and mutants, mostly uninhabitable. He might have been lying.




I started to put the pieces together and got suspicious he knew more about the corpse out back than he was letting on. He made me laugh by joking about his body-count not being as high as mine, an innuendo. It’s a long time since I laughed like that. I was a bit spellbound, falling into his vibe.

He explained that he came here tonight to meet his friend, who works for him, and they did; he found her standing next to the body out the back and then she left. After a moments pause for thought we went to stand by the body out the back.




Me: “Hey you know these unimportant bits of background in your pictures, what makes them unimportant?”
Guy:“Simply because they take space that I am trying to save. Person stays, most of the background goes away.”

I know what he means by that on a few levels.

I think he killed her.

Then he sat down next to the body and mentioned how if it wasn’t for the blood, she would look like just another drunk girl. Assuming she is not a chick with a dick. It is difficult to tell these days. I asked his name, he said Walter. I knew it was a lie, you can always tell and most of my punters lie about their real identities anyway, it is to be expected. He wasn’t looking for that any more than any guy anywhere. He simply sat there and just kept cutting up his pictures all the while, his toes tapping in the blood as he rocked back and forth like he had been ever doing since I saw him.

What would you do in that situation?

I took him back to the squat. He fucked my brains out and then he left. I won’t be able to hook for at least a week now, bruised and sore, stranglefucked, pussystretched and brainless. A week off street work doing kegel exercises and wondering what the fuck hit me. Lucky to have this opening at club Fusion.

So, the nice girl version of me makes a claim that I only did it trying to get the truth out of him. He says he didn’t kill her.
Sure as hell did me.




<previous        next>


Comments

Popular Posts