kitty love

I could tell by the way she lagged behind that she was into me. 
I knew because I was lagging behind as well.
Cy was running ahead, we were meant to be keeping up. 

The streets are a dangerous place when you're an unlisted prostitute, a deckrunner carrying an arsenal of stolen hi-ware, only existing copy, and a kinetically adapted ninja assassin on the run from more of the same. Although we didn't know that yet; as far as we knew she was just another lost young girl, one who had forgotten her identity and woken up in a backstreet. It's funny because I had woken up in a backstreet in the same zone that same morning. It's like we discussed; I'm here trying to forget the past, she's here trying to remember it and he's here downloading it to digital memory so that he can streamline his mind for the grid. 

She's beautiful. We met at a broken streetcar vending freetox, the same place I had met Cy the night before. I like Cy. He's a good guy and when I need some muscle, well lets say we'd been training each other for a promise once we sort our lives out some more. They tend to be nerds but for a datajack he's got it in all the right places. But she was wearing the same outfit that I had acquired from the market, posh clothes for my new life. It's significant; it shows how much we think alike, share the same aesthetic. After he fell asleep we stayed up late discussing how lonely our lives had been, and kissing. She can't remember her name so we call her Kitten, because she looks like one. Cy thinks her ears and tail are bodymod but where I'm from there are cat-people, alien immigrants from some snow-world. 

How she makes me feel, is I am melting from within. Life's hard but you bounce back or you end up as grime in the cracks. You become thick skinned and durable, shock absorbent. The type of rubber that groundcar tyres are made from; thats what I turned into. Kitten, she is heating me up from the core outward, softening me. Such tenderness I have no words for. I feel like I am flowing again. I want to look after her. Since the moment I saw her falling asleep propped up against the bar in the Blue Ant. I could feel it, how right it is to take her on. I never felt so strongly protective!

It's been a while since I had a girlfriend. Or a guy friend for that matter. A few clients now and then doesn't much count. The last ones; Angel, Sofi, Razhel... well they're either dead or disappeared, escaping out into the vastness of the thousand suns. I guess I'm on that list too now. 

So we need a place to stay, right now we are crashing in a medilab thanks to Cy breaking and entering. I have to get some trade, it will be quicker and safer than relying on Cy and his techknow or... Kitten's abilities and the consequences. Like I say; I'm pro-life. So, yeah we're a young crew, its fun, its really amazing running with friends after a long haul solo. 


Freetox: cheaply produced and freely distributed chemical biproducts of fuckwhocares industry that relax your muscles and get you smashed, pumped into the systems of those desperate enough to ingest them as a method of escapism and staving off boredom. This stuff is available for a reason, but you don't think about that if you're on it - you need it. 



Comments

Popular Posts